Installation on Fedora Core 3

  • Keshav Deshpande
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2005
      Hiya there:

      I am trying to setup my 250G Linkstation on my PC running Fedora Linux
      Core 3.

      I was wondering if anybody out there had a write up or had prior
      experience in doing such a thing.

      Thanks in advance.

      deshkeh
    • Dave Kristol
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2005
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Keshav Deshpande"
        <deshkesh@m...> wrote:

        > Hiya there:
        >
        > I am trying to setup my 250G Linkstation on my PC running Fedora Linux
        > Core 3.
        >
        > I was wondering if anybody out there had a write up or had prior
        > experience in doing such a thing.

        What exactly do you mean by "setup my 250G Linkstation on my PC..."?
        Do you mean "Use a Linux system to configure your Linkstation?" If
        so, it's easy -- use any web browser to connect to the LS's configured
        address. (What that address *is* may be harder to figure out,
        depending on your network.) And to connect to a share, you click on
        (I think it is) the Network Servers button. The rest should be
        relatively obvious.

        One caveat: In my experience (I use Linux and an LS160), the only
        thing you can do from Linux in this way is copy files to/from the
        share. You can't (well, *I* can't) actually open files on the share
        directly.

        It is possible to install and run NFS on the LS. I'm working on a Howto.

        Dave Kristol