Re: Photos

  • Thom Mason
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 21, 2004
      If you poke around on the Japanese website in the Links section you
      can find some pictures. Just for fun I took mine apart. It's
      tightly packed and hard to get open. There is a screw behind the
      white sticker (tamper detctor!) which needs to be unscrewed. Then
      you push the greay wrap around strip towards the front of the box
      (after pressing in the little tabs on either side of the grey strip
      top and bottom. It slides forward a few mm then you can lift up the
      top and bottom and pull forward. The you disengage the white tabs
      underneath and pry open the two halfs of the clamshell. I hooked
      the ide cable and power up to my PC in an earlier attempt to get
      at /etc/passwd. For some reason my linux PC only say one partition
      on the drive so this didn't work. I didn't take any photos and
      don't relish doing it again due to the risk involved in breaking
      something. It's very tightly packed.
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dyoung8888"
      <dyoung8888@y...> wrote:
      > Anyone have a link to some detailed photos of the insides of this
      > box?
    • Andrew L
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 28, 2004
        I just posted some pics here (Photos Section), they are pics of the Kuro Box and Giga Linkstation (only available in Japan so far). When I get my US version Linkstation I'll post more pictures. If you want higher definition let me know.

        Andrew

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2004
          Oh,

          One thing I do have on my Yahoo Group
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BuffaloLinkstation is lots of pictures
          of the insides, including close-ups of all the major IC's in it. Feel
          free to pilfer them as needed, then add your own to anything you think
          I've left out.
        • Sir
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 9, 2004
            Watch on the wrap around strip...on the newer ones there are screws
            beind the front Linkstation sticker. The smokey front peels down a
            little and you will find 2 small screws at the top and bottom.

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 9, 2004
              > > <dyoung8888@y...> wrote:
              > > > Anyone have a link to some detailed photos of
              > > > the insides of this box?

              Here are mine:

              http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jstewart228368/linkstation/Disassembly.html

              This weblink is also listed in the "links" section of
              this group.

              There are also various photos in the "Photos" section
              of this group.

              http://mail.yahoo.com