hackkit

  • dyoung8888
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 21, 2004
      Has anyone read yamashita-san's webpage yet?

      http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation/

      It indicates that HackKit runs on it. If that doesnt ring any
      bells, IIRC, HackKit is a target in OE.

      Anyways, if the language is an issue, this link is the list of
      packages that are part of the HackKit target.

      http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation/HackKit/1.1/packages.txt

      I dont own one of these boxes yet; so I cant try it myself.
    • dfw0118
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 21, 2004
        I've read through that site. It has tons of information to go
        through. I'm not quite clear what the Hackkit is, but I thought it
        was like a distro he put together. However, I've never heard of it
        until I read that page.

        - David

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dyoung8888"
        <dyoung8888@y...> wrote:
        > Has anyone read yamashita-san's webpage yet?
        >
        > http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation/
        >
        > It indicates that HackKit runs on it. If that doesnt ring any
        > bells, IIRC, HackKit is a target in OE.
        >
        > Anyways, if the language is an issue, this link is the list of
        > packages that are part of the HackKit target.
        >
        > http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation/HackKit/1.1/packages.txt
        >
        > I dont own one of these boxes yet; so I cant try it myself.
      • mphoust2
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 23, 2004
          Has anyone had much success in translating these pages? I tried
          Google and babelfish.altavista.com. They both don't work.

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dfw0118" <dfw1234@h...>
          wrote:
          > I've read through that site. It has tons of information to go
          > through. I'm not quite clear what the Hackkit is, but I thought it
          > was like a distro he put together. However, I've never heard of it
          > until I read that page.
          >
          > - David
          >
          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dyoung8888"
          > <dyoung8888@y...> wrote:
          > > Has anyone read yamashita-san's webpage yet?
          > >
          > > http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation/
          > >
          > > It indicates that HackKit runs on it. If that doesnt ring any
          > > bells, IIRC, HackKit is a target in OE.
          > >
          > > Anyways, if the language is an issue, this link is the list of
          > > packages that are part of the HackKit target.
          > >
          > > http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation/HackKit/1.1/packages.txt
          > >
          > > I dont own one of these boxes yet; so I cant try it myself.
        • Thom Mason
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 23, 2004
            Babelfish doesn't work with the url but if you cut and paste a
            paragraph you get soemthing. Trouble is there's so much information
            it's hard to digest since you can't navigate through it webwise.
            They've been at it for almost a year so there seems to have been a
            lot of progress. The BBS is running from a linkstation!

            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "mphoust2"
            <buffalo247@b...> wrote:
            > Has anyone had much success in translating these pages? I tried
            > Google and babelfish.altavista.com. They both don't work.
            >
            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dfw0118"
            <dfw1234@h...>
            > wrote:
            > > I've read through that site. It has tons of information to go
            > > through. I'm not quite clear what the Hackkit is, but I thought
            it
            > > was like a distro he put together. However, I've never heard of
            it
            > > until I read that page.
            > >
            > > - David
            > >
            > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dyoung8888"
            > > <dyoung8888@y...> wrote:
            > > > Has anyone read yamashita-san's webpage yet?
            > > >
            > > > http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation/
            > > >
            > > > It indicates that HackKit runs on it. If that doesnt ring any
            > > > bells, IIRC, HackKit is a target in OE.
            > > >
            > > > Anyways, if the language is an issue, this link is the list of
            > > > packages that are part of the HackKit target.
            > > >
            > > > http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation/HackKit/1.1/packages.txt
            > > >
            > > > I dont own one of these boxes yet; so I cant try it myself.
          • Andrew L
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 28, 2004
              Hackkit is basically a script and associated tools/software etc. to convert the LinkStation/Kuro Box to a Vine mini PC(Vine is a flavor of Linux that's popular in Japan). Most everything that Yamashita-san does is after conversion to Vine. But still some very interesting stuff.

              Andrew