Firewall on LS?

  • Art Age
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 5, 2005
      Has anyone managed to get a firewall running on the
      LinkStation? I've had no luck with either a binary of
      iptables (from the Yellow Dog distrib) or compiling
      iptables on the LS itself. My LS is the 120GB model,
      which I have convereted into a Kurobox running Gentoo.
      I'm wondering if the Kurobox kernel is missing some
      necessary iptables support. It should be built in
      since it is a 2.4.x kernel...

      Sam

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • hawkwynd
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 5, 2005
        You know what would be the *bomb*? If someone were to use thier Linkstation as the FTP repository :>. Now THAT would really be the cats' meow..