Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: Newbie Needs help with slimserver

  • hawkwynd
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2005
      Hey Dan,

          We're all set on this end. I had some grammaticals wrong in the script, and after going through the debug process, line by line I figured out what I was doing wrong. Nice work on the pl script by the way. I've had the opportunity to do some perl programming in the past, so I was rusty to say the least. I found my 'black book of Perl' and blew the dust off and after a few hours learned the error of my ways.

          Looking forward to 'turning' my attention on the Hawking HNAS1 box next. Ordering it tomorrow, and I'll probably be bugging everyone some more when I start hacking into it. Since it comes with no HD (you can add your own) I assume the kernel is stored on NVRAM somewhere on the box, which might require a few heavy tricks to get at the root. Won't know until I get one on my bench, though.. I have several PDF files from O'Rielly's books for linux users, think we could put them up on the files area?

          Have a good one! Thanks for your help with this - it turned out to be alot of fun!

      Scott

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2005
        I'm glad I was able to help you and the other Scott (scottnasello)
        with this issue of starting slimserver automatically at boot up.

        Not trying to make any "smart" remarks, but, what perl script? The
        script I wrote is a bash shell script... ;-)

        Nonetheless, glad you got it all working!
        Daniel

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "hawkwynd"

        of Service.