Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: turned my ls into a kurobrick

  • Jose Quezada
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
      haha, no worries.

      jq
      --- timid1200 <timid1200@...> wrote:

      > A thousand apoligies Jose. I really should stop
      > drinking...
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Jose
      > Quezada <syle@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > if by "Juan" you meant "Jose", Then I say,
      > "whatever
      > > works for you". you can use knopple to fix your
      > flash
      > > also. if you really meant "Juan", then forget
      > what i
      > > said and hopefully "Juan" will reply.
      > >
      > > jq
      > > --- timid1200 <timid1200@y...> wrote:
      > >

      > > > Hi Juan, and thanks for your reply.
      > > >
      > > > Unfortunately, things are not so cheery for me.
      > My
      > > > hard drive is just
      > > > fine; I'm having problems with the flash (i.e.,
      > > > before my hard drive
      > > > even gets looked at, the system bonks out).
      > > >
      > > > Right now I'm considering building a flash
      > > > reader/programmer and
      > > > re-programming my flash using an image read off
      > of a
      > > > friend's LS120.
      > > >
      > > > Tim
      > > >
      > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Jose
      > > > Quezada <syle@y...>
      > attach it
      > you
      > > > hda1

      > http://www.kurobox.com/online/tiki-index.php?page=
      > 4MB LS
      > > > after
      > install
      > > > new

      > > > logging

      > motd
      > > > and
      > blinkenlights
      > > > for
      > went

      > light
      > > > blinks
      > > > seconds of
      > light.

      > flash

      > much, as
      > > > the
      > > > tool.

      > > > protection around

      > > Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty
      > viruses.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • lars_mrs
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 19, 2005

        Has anybody found a solution for this problem?
        I have deleted some folders by mistake, and now
        when i start the LS the power light blinks for some
        minutes and then it powers down and the red diag led
        flashes 6 times. Im not able to flash a new firmware,
        because the update tool doesen't find the LS. Is there
        a chance to reflash the firmware?

        Regards
        Lars

        wrote:
        > haha, no worries.
        >
        > jq
        > --- timid1200 <timid1200@y...> wrote:
        >

        > > A thousand apoligies Jose. I really should stop
        > > drinking...
        > >
        > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Jose
        > > Quezada <syle@y...>
        > > wrote:
        > > > if by "Juan" you meant "Jose", Then I say,
        > > "whatever
        > > > works for you". you can use knopple to fix your
        > > flash
        > > > also. if you really meant "Juan", then forget
        > > what i
        > > > said and hopefully "Juan" will reply.
        > > >
        > > > jq

        > > My

        > > of a

        > > attach it
        > > you

        > > http://www.kurobox.com/online/tiki-index.php?page=
        > > 4MB LS
        > > install

        > > motd
        > > blinkenlights
        > > went

        > > light
        > > light.

        > > flash

        > > much, as

        > > > Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty
        > > viruses.

        > http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Paul Milligan (home)
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 21, 2005
          Are you able to remove the hard drive from the case?

          If so you could restore the files by putting the drive into a PC and use Knoppix or similar.

          If you can tell us a little more about what you can and can't do someone can probably get you a fix. The good news is that 6 blinks is a hard drive problem, which is always fixable with the Kuro firmware. (You've probably deleted the watchdog timer daemon (ppc_uartd) or the script which starts it)

          Paul

          Hi,

          wrote:
          > haha, no worries.
          >
          > jq
          > --- timid1200 <timid1200@y...> wrote:
          >

          > > A thousand apoligies Jose. I really should stop
          > > drinking...
          > >
          > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Jose
          > > Quezada <syle@y...>
          > > wrote:
          > > > if by "Juan" you meant "Jose", Then I say,
          > > "whatever
          > > > works for you".  you can use knopple to fix your
          > > flash
          > > > also.  if you really meant "Juan", then forget
          > > what i
          > > > said and hopefully "Juan" will reply.
          > > >
          > > > jq

          > > My

          > > of a

          > > attach it
          > > you

          > > http://www.kurobox.com/online/tiki-index.php?page=
          > > 4MB LS
          > > install

          > > motd
          > > blinkenlights
          > > went

          > > light
          > > light.

          > > flash

          > > much, as

          > > > Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty
          > > viruses.

          > http://mail.yahoo.com

        • lars_mrs
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 22, 2005
            Hi Paul,

            Thanks for your reply, I have allready removed the HD from
            my LS and flashed the Firmware to an other blank HD.
            Now i'm trying to copy the deleted folders from this drive
            to the original LS hard disk.

            Thanks
            Lars

            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Milligan (home)"