Linkstation: Cross Compiler for Windows

  • gleibrock
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2005

      I just built a cross compiler for Windows XP, so one can develop/
      compile original Linkstation (FW 1.45) applications.

      I used:
      autoconf-2.13.tar.gz
      binutils-2.14.tar.gz
      gcc-2.95.3.tar.gz
      cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com/)

      To create the cross compiler, I tried the doc
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LinkStation_General/files/dev_tools/
      linkstation_cross_tools_HOWTO.txt
      I dl'ed all files that are mentioned there, but I did not succeed.
      The document describes it for SuSE 9.2, but I use Win32 at work
      and at home (Sry, Derek, I am too dumb)
      http://www.nanotech.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/
      "Building Cygwin hosted Linux toolchain" by Mumit Khan from 2001

      With the help of these two fine documents and a little bit of
      curiosity I managed to create a cross compiler for the linkstation.

      apache 2.x compiled just fine and right now I try to get
      subversion to work.

      I created an archive with the compiler, etc. but I did not find
      a place where I could upload it.
      If someone knows a free webspace, please tell me.

      Gerhard