Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: Linkstation Webserver

  • Jeff Rush
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2005
      Scott, I've googled and can't find anything like you describe on their
      website. No storage units at all. So I can contrast that unit with a
      Linkstation, can you provide a URL for that NAS head/drive enclosure
      please?

      -Jeff

      On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 07:14 -0500, hawkwynd wrote:
      > I'm also going to buy a Hawking Technologies 3.5in hard drive
      > enclosure that also contains a NAS head. I called Hawking T/S, and
      > they confirmed it's linux based. A little $70.00 box that lets you
      > mount your own hard drive of any size for an instant 'linkstation-
      > like' box. I'm going to see if I can't 'turn' that box like the
      > linkstation too.
    • hawkwynd
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2005
        It's not listed on hawking's website, but we do sell it and I can get one for about $90 beans. HNAS1 is hawking technology's part number for it. Description is "Network Attached Storage, uses standard 3.5in EIDE HDD"

        Scott, I've googled and can't find anything like you describe on their
        website.  No storage units at all.  So I can contrast that unit with a
        Linkstation, can you provide a URL for that NAS head/drive enclosure
        please?

        -Jeff

        On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 07:14 -0500, hawkwynd wrote:
        > I'm also going to buy a Hawking Technologies 3.5in hard drive
        > enclosure that also contains a NAS head. I called Hawking T/S, and
        > they confirmed it's linux based. A little $70.00 box that lets you
        > mount your own hard drive of any size for an instant 'linkstation-
        > like' box. I'm going to see if I can't 'turn' that box like the
        > linkstation too.

      • irvine_stock
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2005
          This sounds like a sales pitch to me. Do you have a LinkStation or
          are you here just to try and sell Hawking technology instead of
          Buffalo? Was $70 now its for sale @ $90. Strange!!
          Rich
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "hawkwynd"
          <hawkwynd@h...> wrote:
          > It's not listed on hawking's website, but we do sell it and I can
          get one for about $90 beans. HNAS1 is hawking technology's part
          number for it. Description is "Network Attached Storage, uses
          standard 3.5in EIDE HDD"

          of Service.
        • hawkwynd
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3, 2005
            Lighten up, Francis..
            <hawkwynd@h...> wrote:
            > It's not listed on hawking's website, but we do sell it and I can
            get one for about $90 beans. HNAS1 is hawking technology's part
            number for it. Description is "Network Attached Storage, uses
            standard 3.5in EIDE HDD"

            of Service.