Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: Linkstation Webserver

  • hawkwynd
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2005
      Ian,

      Awesome! Thank you. I'll be sure to bookmark it. I'm also going to buy a Hawking Technologies 3.5in hard drive enclosure that also contains a NAS head. I called Hawking T/S, and they confirmed it's linux based. A little $70.00 box that lets you mount your own hard drive of any size for an instant 'linkstation-like' box. I'm going to see if I can't 'turn' that box like the linkstation too.

      Scott
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2005
        Scott, I've googled and can't find anything like you describe on their
        website. No storage units at all. So I can contrast that unit with a
        Linkstation, can you provide a URL for that NAS head/drive enclosure
        please?

        -Jeff

        On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 07:14 -0500, hawkwynd wrote:
        > I'm also going to buy a Hawking Technologies 3.5in hard drive
        > enclosure that also contains a NAS head. I called Hawking T/S, and
        > they confirmed it's linux based. A little $70.00 box that lets you
        > mount your own hard drive of any size for an instant 'linkstation-
        > like' box. I'm going to see if I can't 'turn' that box like the
        > linkstation too.
      • hawkwynd
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2005
          It's not listed on hawking's website, but we do sell it and I can get one for about $90 beans. HNAS1 is hawking technology's part number for it. Description is "Network Attached Storage, uses standard 3.5in EIDE HDD"

          Scott, I've googled and can't find anything like you describe on their
          website.  No storage units at all.  So I can contrast that unit with a
          Linkstation, can you provide a URL for that NAS head/drive enclosure
          please?

          -Jeff

          On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 07:14 -0500, hawkwynd wrote:
          > I'm also going to buy a Hawking Technologies 3.5in hard drive
          > enclosure that also contains a NAS head. I called Hawking T/S, and
          > they confirmed it's linux based. A little $70.00 box that lets you
          > mount your own hard drive of any size for an instant 'linkstation-
          > like' box. I'm going to see if I can't 'turn' that box like the
          > linkstation too.

        • irvine_stock
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3, 2005
            This sounds like a sales pitch to me. Do you have a LinkStation or
            are you here just to try and sell Hawking technology instead of
            Buffalo? Was $70 now its for sale @ $90. Strange!!
            Rich
            <hawkwynd@h...> wrote:
            > It's not listed on hawking's website, but we do sell it and I can
            get one for about $90 beans. HNAS1 is hawking technology's part
            number for it. Description is "Network Attached Storage, uses
            standard 3.5in EIDE HDD"

            of Service.
          • hawkwynd
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3, 2005
              Lighten up, Francis..
              <hawkwynd@h...> wrote:
              > It's not listed on hawking's website, but we do sell it and I can
              get one for about $90 beans. HNAS1 is hawking technology's part
              number for it. Description is "Network Attached Storage, uses
              standard 3.5in EIDE HDD"

              of Service.