Re: [LinkStation_General] LS partitions

  • Jose Quezada
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
      sweet. thanks.

      jq
      --- "Paul Milligan (home)"
      <paul_t_milligan@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      hda2 is the swap partition. It has its own format
      and cannot be used tostore files. The linkstation
      firmware requires the 3 partitions toexist and be in
      the right order.

      Jose Quezada wrote:I removed my ls HD and hooked up to
      a windows box. I
      then started it up and looked at the partitioning of
      the HD. There are 3 partitions: hda1:125MB,
      hda2:251MB, hda3:148.68GB. I was going to erase hda1
      so i can reinstall the ls firmware, etc. what is in
      hda2? can i combine hda1&2 so i can have a bigger
      partition for installing software?

      JQ

      Terms of Service.

      http://mail.yahoo.com