LS partitions

  • Jose Quezada
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
      I removed my ls HD and hooked up to a windows box. I
      then started it up and looked at the partitioning of
      the HD. There are 3 partitions: hda1:125MB,
      hda2:251MB, hda3:148.68GB. I was going to erase hda1
      so i can reinstall the ls firmware, etc. what is in
      hda2? can i combine hda1&2 so i can have a bigger
      partition for installing software?

      JQ

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • Paul Milligan (home)

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
          sweet. thanks.

          jq
          --- "Paul Milligan (home)"
          <paul_t_milligan@...> wrote:

          ---------------------------------
          hda2 is the swap partition. It has its own format
          and cannot be used tostore files. The linkstation
          firmware requires the 3 partitions toexist and be in
          the right order.

          Jose Quezada wrote:I removed my ls HD and hooked up to
          a windows box. I
          then started it up and looked at the partitioning of
          the HD. There are 3 partitions: hda1:125MB,
          hda2:251MB, hda3:148.68GB. I was going to erase hda1
          so i can reinstall the ls firmware, etc. what is in
          hda2? can i combine hda1&2 so i can have a bigger
          partition for installing software?

          JQ

          Terms of Service.

          http://mail.yahoo.com