Re: Linkstation boot process

  • born_daniel
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
      hawkwynd,
      I'm the one who put the instructions & script in the files section so
      if you need extra help setting this up, e-mail me at
      (born_daniel@...) and it'll be my pleasure to give you a few
      additionnal pointers. (I'll make sure to "fix" my files with the
      additional info afterwards!) :-)

      Regards,
      Daniel

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "hawkwynd"
      <hawkwynd@h...> wrote:
      > Been working with the scripts for the linkstation running
      slimserver, having
      > a tough time getting the grasp of the etc/init.d script to work on
      boot up.

      > Has anyone gotten this succesfully working? I followed the
      instructions in
      > the docs from the files area, but for some reason, it's just
      eluding me.. I
      > am going to try again from scratch, with a fresh installation,
      because I
      > think I may have made some changes that are foo-bar'ing the boot up
      process.

      > I'd appreciate any suggestions. I can telnet in, and run it
      manually, but
      > I'd rather it load when powered up.
      >
      > Thanks

      --------
      > ----
      > The best damned website on the internet... Period!
      > http://www.hawkwynd.com
    • Jose Quezada
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
        I removed my ls HD and hooked up to a windows box. I
        then started it up and looked at the partitioning of
        the HD. There are 3 partitions: hda1:125MB,
        hda2:251MB, hda3:148.68GB. I was going to erase hda1
        so i can reinstall the ls firmware, etc. what is in
        hda2? can i combine hda1&2 so i can have a bigger
        partition for installing software?

        JQ

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • Paul Milligan (home)

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
            sweet. thanks.

            jq
            --- "Paul Milligan (home)"
            <paul_t_milligan@...> wrote:

            ---------------------------------
            hda2 is the swap partition. It has its own format
            and cannot be used tostore files. The linkstation
            firmware requires the 3 partitions toexist and be in
            the right order.

            Jose Quezada wrote:I removed my ls HD and hooked up to
            a windows box. I
            then started it up and looked at the partitioning of
            the HD. There are 3 partitions: hda1:125MB,
            hda2:251MB, hda3:148.68GB. I was going to erase hda1
            so i can reinstall the ls firmware, etc. what is in
            hda2? can i combine hda1&2 so i can have a bigger
            partition for installing software?

            JQ

            Terms of Service.

            http://mail.yahoo.com