Linkstation boot process

  • hawkwynd
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
      Been working with the scripts for the linkstation running slimserver, having a tough time getting the grasp of the etc/init.d script to work on boot up.

      Has anyone gotten this succesfully working? I followed the instructions in the docs from the files area, but for some reason, it's just eluding me.. I am going to try again from scratch, with a fresh installation, because I think I may have made some changes that are foo-bar'ing the boot up process.

      I'd appreciate any suggestions. I can telnet in, and run it manually, but I'd rather it load when powered up.

      Thanks

      The best damned website on the internet... Period!

      http://www.hawkwynd.com

    • born_daniel
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
        hawkwynd,
        I'm the one who put the instructions & script in the files section so
        if you need extra help setting this up, e-mail me at
        (born_daniel@...) and it'll be my pleasure to give you a few
        additionnal pointers. (I'll make sure to "fix" my files with the
        additional info afterwards!) :-)

        Regards,
        Daniel

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "hawkwynd"
        <hawkwynd@h...> wrote:
        > Been working with the scripts for the linkstation running
        slimserver, having
        > a tough time getting the grasp of the etc/init.d script to work on
        boot up.

        > Has anyone gotten this succesfully working? I followed the
        instructions in
        > the docs from the files area, but for some reason, it's just
        eluding me.. I
        > am going to try again from scratch, with a fresh installation,
        because I
        > think I may have made some changes that are foo-bar'ing the boot up
        process.

        > I'd appreciate any suggestions. I can telnet in, and run it
        manually, but
        > I'd rather it load when powered up.
        >
        > Thanks

        --------
        > ----
        > The best damned website on the internet... Period!
        > http://www.hawkwynd.com
      • Jose Quezada
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
          I removed my ls HD and hooked up to a windows box. I
          then started it up and looked at the partitioning of
          the HD. There are 3 partitions: hda1:125MB,
          hda2:251MB, hda3:148.68GB. I was going to erase hda1
          so i can reinstall the ls firmware, etc. what is in
          hda2? can i combine hda1&2 so i can have a bigger
          partition for installing software?

          JQ

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
        • Paul Milligan (home)

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
              sweet. thanks.

              jq
              --- "Paul Milligan (home)"
              <paul_t_milligan@...> wrote:

              ---------------------------------
              hda2 is the swap partition. It has its own format
              and cannot be used tostore files. The linkstation
              firmware requires the 3 partitions toexist and be in
              the right order.

              Jose Quezada wrote:I removed my ls HD and hooked up to
              a windows box. I
              then started it up and looked at the partitioning of
              the HD. There are 3 partitions: hda1:125MB,
              hda2:251MB, hda3:148.68GB. I was going to erase hda1
              so i can reinstall the ls firmware, etc. what is in
              hda2? can i combine hda1&2 so i can have a bigger
              partition for installing software?

              JQ

              Terms of Service.

              http://mail.yahoo.com