Subversion for the Linkstation?

  • gleibrock
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005

      I am quite new to the Linkstation and I wonder, if there exists
      a subversion port for this fine piece of hardware.
      Perforce runs fine, but I prefer subversion.

      Which linux distribution can be used for the Linkstation?
      I came across Yellowdog but I am not sure which version is
      ok for the linkstation.

      Gerhard
    • Jeff Rush
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
        On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 12:38 +0000, gleibrock wrote:

        > I am quite new to the Linkstation and I wonder, if there exists
        > a subversion port for this fine piece of hardware.
        > Perforce runs fine, but I prefer subversion.

        For most tools, such as subversion, you can just grab the tarball of
        subversion and do the dance:

        ./configure; make; make install

        No need for a special port in this case.

        > Which linux distribution can be used for the Linkstation?
        > I came across Yellowdog but I am not sure which version is
        > ok for the linkstation.

        The Linkstation comes with Montavista Hard Hat Linux. Or are you asking
        which ones can be used to -replace- Hard Hat? It wasn't clear.

        -Jeff
      • Joe Giordano
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
          does cron overwrite after any change from the admin page?

          The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
          http://my.yahoo.com
        • Marc Bizer
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
            On 2/2/05 at 12:37 PM -0800, Joe Giordano wrote:
            >does cron overwrite after any change from the admin page?

            It overwrites if you make a change to the ntp server settings.

            --Marc