Photos

  • dyoung8888
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 21, 2004
      Anyone have a link to some detailed photos of the insides of this
      box?
    • Thom Mason
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 21, 2004
        If you poke around on the Japanese website in the Links section you
        can find some pictures. Just for fun I took mine apart. It's
        tightly packed and hard to get open. There is a screw behind the
        white sticker (tamper detctor!) which needs to be unscrewed. Then
        you push the greay wrap around strip towards the front of the box
        (after pressing in the little tabs on either side of the grey strip
        top and bottom. It slides forward a few mm then you can lift up the
        top and bottom and pull forward. The you disengage the white tabs
        underneath and pry open the two halfs of the clamshell. I hooked
        the ide cable and power up to my PC in an earlier attempt to get
        at /etc/passwd. For some reason my linux PC only say one partition
        on the drive so this didn't work. I didn't take any photos and
        don't relish doing it again due to the risk involved in breaking
        something. It's very tightly packed.
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dyoung8888"
        <dyoung8888@y...> wrote:
        > Anyone have a link to some detailed photos of the insides of this
        > box?
      • Andrew L
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 28, 2004
          I just posted some pics here (Photos Section), they are pics of the Kuro Box and Giga Linkstation (only available in Japan so far). When I get my US version Linkstation I'll post more pictures. If you want higher definition let me know.

          Andrew

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2004
            Oh,

            One thing I do have on my Yahoo Group
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BuffaloLinkstation is lots of pictures
            of the insides, including close-ups of all the major IC's in it. Feel
            free to pilfer them as needed, then add your own to anything you think
            I've left out.
          • Sir
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 9, 2004
              Watch on the wrap around strip...on the newer ones there are screws
              beind the front Linkstation sticker. The smokey front peels down a
              little and you will find 2 small screws at the top and bottom.

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 9, 2004
                > > <dyoung8888@y...> wrote:
                > > > Anyone have a link to some detailed photos of
                > > > the insides of this box?

                Here are mine:

                http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jstewart228368/linkstation/Disassembly.html

                This weblink is also listed in the "links" section of
                this group.

                There are also various photos in the "Photos" section
                of this group.

                http://mail.yahoo.com