Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: To Do List

  • Derek Taubert
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 21, 2004
      On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 06:58:15PM -0700, Derek Taubert wrote:

      > I didn't run rpm on the box, as I knew the available packages would have
      > incompatibilities. I picked out certain files with rpm2cpio | cpio -i and
      > just copied them over.
      >
      > I'm almost done with a cross compiler, but I need some standard include
      > files for the OS/platform. Wish they would have provided these in the GPL
      > zip. Will try to pluck them out of a linux dist...

      Err, looks like I can get them out of the glibc rpm from the GPL zip.
      Setting up a cross system to handle these GPL rpms is a bit of work. Lots
      of custom stuff in those spec files...

      Derek

      > Derek
      >

      > On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 01:32:10AM -0000, Thom Mason wrote:
      > > Derek,
      > >
      > > What was involved in getting rpm up and running?
      > >
      > > Thom
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Derek Taubert
      > > <taubert@g...> wrote:
      > > > I've been working on 2/3. I picked up a new binutils and gcc-
      > > 2.59.3
      > > > (that's the version used to build the kernel, although Buffalo
      > > seems to
      > > > have used the MontaVista commercial toolset) and should have a
      > > cross
      > > > compiler working soon. I could roll a native compiler from this
      > > easily.
      > > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Matthew Flint
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 22, 2004
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Thom Mason"
        <t.e.mason@c...> wrote:
        > Here's a stab at things that might be worthwhile to explore:
        > 8) etc...
        >
        > Please chime in with ideas.

        - Kernel support for other USB devices, such as 802.11b/g adapters.

        - routing functions (so can be used as a cheap wireless router)

        - a WiKi hosted somewhere, lest we start losing good information in
        the Yahoo group

        Matthew