Re: [LinkStation_General] Does the drive spin down?

  • Jim Buzbee
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 16 7:44 PM
      On Oct 16, 2004, at 8:42 PM, James Ronald wrote:

      >>> Yes, hdparm -S <Value 0-255> works well on the LinkStation and I
      >>> would
      >>> think
      >>> the Kuro Box as well. However the supplied value is not in seconds
      >>> but
      >>> rather increments of 5 seconds and 0 sets standby to Off.
      >>
      >> Yes, you're right. The issue for me now is tracking down which
      >> process
      >> is out there hitting the drive and keeping it from spinning down...
      >>
      >> Jim
      >>
      > Jim,
      >
      > Do you also have a LinkStation/Kuro Box or are you discussing the
      > NSLU2?

      Kuro Box.

      Jim

      > JR
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • James Ronald
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 16 8:14 PM

        >> Do you also have a LinkStation/Kuro Box or are you discussing the
        >> NSLU2?
        >
        > Kuro Box.
        >
        > Jim

        Cool, welcome aboard!! Are you planning Kuro Box type articles for Tom
        Hardware Guide similar to those you did for NSLU2?

        JR
      • Jim Buzbee
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 16 8:34 PM
          On Oct 16, 2004, at 9:14 PM, James Ronald wrote:

          >>> Do you also have a LinkStation/Kuro Box or are you discussing the
          >>> NSLU2?
          >>
          >> Kuro Box.
          >>
          >> Jim
          >>
          > Cool, welcome aboard!! Are you planning Kuro Box type articles for Tom
          > Hardware Guide similar to those you did for NSLU2?

          I'm not sure where I'm going with this box yet. I'm just checking it
          out for now. So far it seems to be a nice little unit!

          Jim

          > JR
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Rick Flower
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 16 8:47 PM
            If your Kuro doesn't spin down, that's a bit odd.. My Linkstation spins
            down all the time.. I can hear the drive spin up when I telnet to it
            (if I'm in the room where it lives).

            -- Rick