815Re: Samba-3.0.9 binaries for Linkstation (README)

  • whoisnader
    Jan 1, 2005
      I can't seem to get SWAT to work. I have made the changes to the
      inetd.conf file but I get a connection refused error when I try to
      connect to http://ip:901/

      Here is how my inetd.conf looks like

      telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd
      in.telnetd /usr/local/samba/sbin/swat swat

      I am able to get samba working, just not SWAT.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Wilson <sonsondei@y...>
      wrote:
      > or you can set up the smbpasswd location inside the
      > smb.conf file.
      >

      > --- stratmoens <strat321@c...> wrote:
      >

      > > A small addition to your "how to" is necessary for
      > > these binaries to
      > > operate correctly....
      > >
      > > A symbolic link must be created for smbpasswd. For
      > > example,
      > >
      > > ln -s /etc/samba/smbpasswd
      > > /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
      > >
      > > Otherwise I believe everything is correct. I rebuilt
      > > samba from the
      > > sources before I found that smbd was looking in this
      > > file, but it
      > > was in fact empty thus preventing a client from
      > > mounting a share.
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Wilson
      > > <sonsondei@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > Hi all,
      > > >
      > > [snip]
      > > > Q: How to make it work with the current samba from
      > > LS?
      > > > A: You should first stop the current samba
      > > process,
      > > > change the /etc/init.d/smb to point to the new
      > > server
      > > > daemon location (/usr/sbin/smbd to
      > > > /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd etc) Then make a
      > > symbolic
      > > > link: ln -s /etc/samba/smb.conf
      > > > /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf
      > > > start the process again and you should be now
      > > using
      > > > samba 3.0.9 binaries.
      > > [snip]
      > > > Wilson

      > Jazz up your holiday email with celebrity designs. Learn more.
      > http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic