6776Re: [LinkStation_General] Linkstation HD-H120LAN - Root access

  • Brian Cowan
    Jul 29, 2009
      As I recall, you can take advantage of the fact that the webroot
      directory is completely insecure on these things to execute arbitrary
      scripts. I copied /etc/passwd to my main storage directory, edited it to
      do something to the root password, and then used a script to copy it
      back. Worked well.

      grashnaknieswurz wrote:

      > Hi there,
      >
      > I just bought a network music player and wanted to install a media
      > server on my Linkstation. As far as I know, it's the PPC one.
      > For the installation I need root access. But I have a newer firmware
      > on it. So I would like to downgrade but I don't have the file.
      > Could anybody provide me firmware lower or equal to 1.45?
      >
      > Or is there any other way to get root access?
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Eric

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic