6548Re: hd-hg400lan hardrive replacement procidure

  • alphaomegared35
    Nov 5, 2008
      <lalunas10@...> wrote:

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "alphaomegared35"
      <alphaomegared35@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > the harddrive of my hd-hg400lan went bad and I have to replace it. Can
      > > some one tell me how to install the new drive. What type of programs I
      > > have to install, formatting, partitioning, etc. Any information will
      > > be appreciated. Thanks
      >
      > The new HDD must be unpartitioned. Flash the firmware twice. The
      first run will create the
      > partitions etc., the second the 'visible part'.
      >
      > -A

      Thank YOu for the info, I did the firmware and it did created
      everything just like you said. I just ran into a problem during the
      procedure, the drive froze and the "DISK FULL" light came one...and a
      message popped out that "firmware installation failed". I tried to
      access the drive through the ip address and no luck. Does the firmware
      installs the web interface too? What can be the problem?

      Thanks in advance...

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic