6156Re: Backup job stuck on linkstation live

  • musikgoat
    Aug 23, 2007
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dirtriderdan345"
      <dan_s_johnson@...> wrote:

      > I scheduled an immediate backup from my buffalo linkstation live to my
      > external usb and even though it finished it still says on the home
      > pages that the backup job is currently being done. The jobs page also
      > doens't show and icon for that job to let me clear it. Anyone ever
      > have this problem? I've tried resetting but nothing seems to clear
      > it. Any help is much appreciated.

      I've seen the same issue with my LSPro, if you don't have shell
      access the easiest way to fix the issue is to initialize the box.
      Go to maintenence -> initialization -> restore factory settings.

      This will not affect your data, but it will reset all the settings in
      the box. Note that if you use static addresses, the box will revert
      back to DHCP.

      I would suggest using scheduled backups. I only had the problem
      happen with immediate backups, but never looked into why. it didn't
      happen with scheduled backups in my case.

      regards,
      goat
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic