6083Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: Mount WINDOWS (SMB) share

  • javamarket
    Jul 19, 2007
      Hi Andre,

      It is a Linkstation PPC.

      I have managed to realize that

      a) samba isn't installed

      b) if downloaded it and am trying to get it installed.

      Any help in this regard would be great.

      At this point I have extracted the "latest" from samba.org and when I run the ./configure command that should create the makefile I receive:

      bash-2.05a# ./configure
      SAMBA VERSION: 3.0.25b
      LIBREPLACE_LOCATION_CHECKS: START
      checking build system type... powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
      checking host system type... powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
      checking target system type... powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
      LIBREPLACE_LOCATION_CHECKS: END
      LIBREPLACE_CC_CHECKS: START
      checking for gcc... no
      checking for cc... no
      checking for cl.exe... no
      configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
      See `config.log' for more details.