5984Re: Slimserver on Linkstation pro

  • kd6boo
    May 25 10:25 AM
      I haven't installed Slimserver on my Linkstation Pro yet, but the
      folks on the LinkStationWiki board have.  Check out this thread:
      http://forum.linkstationwiki.net/viewtopic.php?t=2174

      I recommend that you install the Debian distribution of Linux on a PC
      and then install the Linux version of Slimserver on your PC.  After you
      get it running well, then you can try it on your LS Pro.  It's safer and
      easier to learn about Debian+Slimserver on a PC.   If you make a
      mistake on your PC it won't be difficult to resuscitate it.  If you make a
      bad mistake with your LS Pro, it may take a soldering iron and a lot of
      blood, sweat and tears to fix it.

      You won't be a Linux novice after your done! ;)

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "s9juro" <s9juro@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      > Firstly i am new and a Linux novice
      > I just bough a new linkstation pro with the view to getting a
      > squeezebox and installing slimserver on it- I was about to follow the
      > steps outlined here: http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/linkstation4.html,
      > but I stumbled at the first hurdle.
      > In my eagerness to get this system up and runbing i bought a
      > linktstation Pro and not a linkstation.
      > How does one get slimserver on a linkstation Pro?

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic