5881Re: Dyndns client for LS pro

  • Nick Kasoff
    Mar 5, 2007
      Ok ... I enabled Telnet with acp_commander, installed ddclient, and
      create the config file. Now I'm getting this when I run it:

      root@LS-GLFA5:/usr/sbin# ./ddclient
      Can't locate Getopt/Long.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/a
      rmv5tejl-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/a
      rmv5tejl-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_pe
      rl .) at ./ddclient line 13.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./ddclient line 13.

      Am I doing something wrong, or does the LS Pro have crippled PERL?

      <cherrytreeproduction@...> wrote:

      > http://ddclient.sourceforge.net/
      >
      > this dyndns-client is written in perl...and perl is even on the stock
      > system.
      >
      > you need to enable telnet of your LS Pro with acp_commander, connect
      > via telnet, follow the installation here:
      > http://ddclient.sourceforge.net/#install
      >
      > that should be all to get it working.
      >
      > -- mindbender
      > www.linkstationwiki.net
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Kasoff"
      > <nicholas@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I was told that the LinkStation Pro has a DynDns client. But I sure
      > > don't see it in the menu. Am I going to have to freelink to accomplish
      > > this, or is there some way within the existing OS? I've got plenty of
      > > Linux experience, but this is my first LinkStation. Help!

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic