5876Re: Dyndns client for LS pro

  • musikgoat
    Mar 1, 2007
      I think you heard wrong, the Pro model has no such functionality.

      usually NAS'es do not due to the fact that its most easily
      accomplished in a router.

      I believe the the new Linkstation Live will have a sort of dyndns
      functionality, probably built on uPnP, allowing access to the device
      from www.buffalonas.com, but I talked to one person who says that
      there is no such functionality <i>yet</i>
      cue the suspenseful music.

      As for getting it on the LSpro, Freelink would be your best bet.

      -goat

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Kasoff"
      <nicholas@...> wrote:

      > I was told that the LinkStation Pro has a DynDns client. But I sure
      > don't see it in the menu. Am I going to have to freelink to accomplish
      > this, or is there some way within the existing OS? I've got plenty of
      > Linux experience, but this is my first LinkStation. Help!

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic