5831Re: LS-250GL Internet/FTP Server Help

  • musikgoat
    Feb 5, 2007
      With those linkstation pro's you have to set the shared folder
      permission to FTP, to allow it to show. You will then see the shared
      folder in Disk1.

      You have functionality, but to get to the shared folders that you
      have, go into the admin web interface and then go into shared
      folders, then select the shared folder you want to allow ftp access
      to, and check FTP in those settings (sorry I don't have the gui
      available to tell you the name of the setting).

      One important note is that if the access permissions are not set, this
      folder will be considered anonymous, so anyone and everyone will be
      able to read/write to that folder (even delete).

      As a general precaution, its best to set the folder to have access
      restrictions if you choose to share that folder, then you can set
      read and write permissions.

      Sorry for the delay in responding.

      Hope this helps.

      -goat