5818Re: [LinkStation_General] Stock v2.6 Kernel on a Linkstation HS : Working!

  • Guennadi Liakhovetski
    Jan 30, 2007
      On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, David Yip wrote:

      > Actually putting the "rtc-rs5c372.probe=0,0x32" actually seems to be working
      > now.

      Good. One more thing in case you haven't yet realised - you can
      perfectly compile and use just 1 kernel for your LS and Kurobox. Same
      configuration, same kernel and module binaries. Only bootloaders and
      device-trees have to be different.

      As a side note, I submitted a patch to ppc-dev ML with an extra .dts for
      "slower" LS / Kurobox and extended defconfig to cover HD and HS systems.
      Hope it will appear in 2.6.21.

      Thanks
      Guennadi
      ---