5808Re: [LinkStation_General] Stock v2.6 Kernel on a Linkstation HS

  • Guennadi Liakhovetski
    Jan 28, 2007
      On Sun, 28 Jan 2007, David Yip wrote:

      > So, that I why I chose to buy a HS, following your excellent advice on getting
      > my Kurobox running.

      If you mean the wiki page, then we should keep it clear - I am NOT the
      author of that page:-)

      > Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 7.00alpha2
      > ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
      > IT8212: IDE controller at PCI slot 0000:00:0c.0
      > IT8212: chipset revision 19
      > it821x: controller in pass through mode.
      > IT8212: 100% native mode on irq 17
      > ide0: BM-DMA at 0xbffed0-0xbffed7, BIOS settings: hda:DMA, hdb:DMA
      > ide1: BM-DMA at 0xbffed8-0xbffedf, BIOS settings: hdc:DMA, hdd:DMA

      Auch, here. It's a different IDE controller. Please, enable ADDITIONALLY
      in your kernel configuration CONFIG_PATA_IT821X. And report if it works
      then. I'd include this option in the standard configuration too.

      Thanks
      Guennadi
      ---
      Guennadi Liakhovetski