5586Re: LS HD-H250LAN: External USB Drive Causing Networking Issues?

  • tradedmanatee
    Oct 3, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dj_smith_jr"
      <dj_smith_jr@...> wrote:

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dj_smith_jr"
      > <dj_smith_jr@> wrote:
      > > After this I cannot connect the "usbdisk1" share at all, and the LS
      > > share acts funny as well -- I can browse the files, but cannot
      access
      > > the data.
      >
      > Turns out that this statement is incorrect. The "usbdisk1" share does
      > not connect, but the LS share seems to be fine -- I can access the
      > data normally.
      >
      > Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide!
      >
      > Regards,
      > DS.

      This may be related to the linux kernel and ext2 file system versions
      that the Linkstation uses. It tends to get a tad shirty with files
      bigger that 2GB.

      I have a similar set up, with a Maxtor One Touch drive. If I try to
      copy a file larger than 2GB to the usb drive it truncates the file and
      I have to reboot the LS.

      Maybe someone with a little more kernel level know-how can suggest a
      workaround???

      Peter
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic