5369Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: Date reset to jan 1st 2002 when Linkstation 2 is restarted

  • Guennadi Liakhovetski
    Aug 1, 2006
      On Tue, 1 Aug 2006, musifix wrote:

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Guennadi Liakhovetski
      > <g.liakhovetski@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, plowmanbill wrote:
      > >
      > > > Whenever I reboot my LinkStation 2 the date is reset to 00:00:00
      > > > 1/1/2002. Why is this happening?
      > >
      > Try looking on the forum at www.linkstationwiki.net, there are threads
      > on this topic there. I experienced the same problem, but got it solved
      > by reentering NTP server IP-address (17.72.133.45) through the http
      > interface. If you DO have NTP enabled, it could be caused by running
      > with a static IP-address for the Linkstation, without a proper gateway
      > address.

      Is LS-II also using rs5c372 rtc connected to i2c? I don't know MIPS, but
      if the specific CPU has i2c bus and it is supported by the kernel, then
      switching to kernel stock rtc-rs5c372 driver might help. Of course, I mean
      2.6.17-ish...

      Thanks
      Guennadi
      ---