5366Re: LinkStation, SlimServer, Help with Install - Please

  • cherrytreeproduction
    Aug 1 1:05 AM
      i am sure it is easier for you if you know some basic useful commands
      for linux. so you can debug yourself.

      cd <directory> ....... you change to that directory
      cd .. ........... move one directory up
      ls .......... list all files/directories of the current directory
      (like dir)
      ls <directory> .... list all files from that directory
      cp <source> <target> .... copy sourcefile to target

      please post the output of
      ls /mnt/hda/
      ls /mnt/hda/share

      try to find where the perl-file is...is it maybe a different version?

      best regards
      mindbender

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jeffygroupsprofile"
      <YahooGroups@...> wrote:

      > I must still be doing something wrong, I'm trying this as well and
      > it still can't find the file.
      >
      > root@LINKSTATION:~# cp /mnt/hda/share/perl-5.8.5-linkstation.tar.gz /
      > cp: cannot stat `/mnt/hda/share/perl-5.8.5-linkstation.tar.gz': No
      > such file or directory
      >
      > I put this file into the "share" folder that I can visually see when
      > I go into this area of the linkstation through windows.
      >
      > Perhaps someone can tell what I am doing wrong here?
      >

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "cherrytreeproduction"
      > <cherrytreeproduction@> wrote:
      > >
      > > you have a LS2 (mips).
      > >
      > > on all ppc-based Linkstations:
      > > the shares are at /mnt/
      > > the usbdisk is mounted to /mnt2/usbdisk1
      > >
      > > on the LS2 (mips)
      > > the shares are at /mnt/hda/
      > > the usbdisk is mounted to /mnt/usbdisk1
      > >
      > > hope that helps.
      > >
      > > mindbender
      > > www.linkstationwiki.net
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jeffygroupsprofile"
      > > <YahooGroups@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Bill Folk

      > around
      > > > >

      > > > This is actually exactly what I typed in, but the file is not
      > > > there. I assume that my problem is then in having put the file
      > in
      > > > the right place, but I see it in the share file on windows XP
      > > > without any problem.
      > > >
      > > > Here is the exact process I am following:
      > > >
      > > > 1) in the run box I type the IP address of the linkstation
      > > > 2) a window comes up with several folders corresponding to the
      > > > folders I have set up on the linkstation in addition to a few
      > others
      > > > 3) in the "share" folder that is there I put the perl file as
      > > > indicated above
      > > > 4) I then go and SSH in and enter the command that the ReadMe
      > file
      > > > says and what you have suggested, but here is what I get back:
      > > >
      > > > root@LINKSTATION:~# cp /mnt/share/perl-5.8.5-linkstation.tar.gz /
      > > > cp: cannot stat `/mnt/share/perl-5.8.5-linkstation.tar.gz': No
      > such
      > > > file or directory
      > > >
      > > > I must be doing step #3 above wrong, perhaps someone can correct
      > > > me? Thank you again so much for the help, I certainly
      > appreciate
      > > > this.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic