      Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 7:43 AM
      Subject: [LinkStation_General] Re: LinkStation, SlimServer, Help with Install - Please

      I must still be doing something wrong, I'm trying this as well and
      it still can't find the file.

      root@LINKSTATION: ~# cp /mnt/hda/share/ perl-5.8. 5-linkstation. tar.gz /
      cp: cannot stat `/mnt/hda/share/ perl-5.8. 5-linkstation. tar.gz': No
      such file or directory

      I put this file into the "share" folder that I can visually see when
      I go into this area of the linkstation through windows.

      Perhaps someone can tell what I am doing wrong here?

      --- In LinkStation_ General@yahoogro ups.com, "cherrytreeproducti on"
      <cherrytreeproducti on@...> wrote:

      > you have a LS2 (mips).
      >
      > on all ppc-based Linkstations:
      > the shares are at /mnt/
      > the usbdisk is mounted to /mnt2/usbdisk1
      >
      > on the LS2 (mips)
      > the shares are at /mnt/hda/
      > the usbdisk is mounted to /mnt/usbdisk1
      >
      > hope that helps.
      >
      > mindbender
      > www.linkstationwiki .net
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_ General@yahoogro ups.com, "jeffygroupsprofile "
      > <YahooGroups@ > wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_ General@yahoogro ups.com, Bill Folk
      > > <bill_folk@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > --- jeffrey_sherer <YahooGroups@ >

      > > > share is in /mnt.
      > > >
      > > > cp /mnt/share/perl- 5.8.5-linkstatio n.tar.gz /
      > > > cd /
      > > > tar -xzvf perl-5.8.5-linkstat ion.tar.gz
      > > >
      > > > Bill
      > > >
      > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __
      > > > Do You Yahoo!?
      around
      > > > http://mail. yahoo.com
      > > >

      > > This is actually exactly what I typed in, but the file is not
      > > there. I assume that my problem is then in having put the file
      in
      > > the right place, but I see it in the share file on windows XP
      > > without any problem.
      > >
      > > Here is the exact process I am following:
      > >
      > > 1) in the run box I type the IP address of the linkstation
      > > 2) a window comes up with several folders corresponding to the
      > > folders I have set up on the linkstation in addition to a few
      others
      > > 3) in the "share" folder that is there I put the perl file as
      > > indicated above
      > > 4) I then go and SSH in and enter the command that the ReadMe
      file
      > > says and what you have suggested, but here is what I get back:
      > >
      > > root@LINKSTATION: ~# cp /mnt/share/perl- 5.8.5-linkstatio n.tar.gz /
      > > cp: cannot stat `/mnt/share/ perl-5.8. 5-linkstation. tar.gz': No
      such
      > > file or directory
      > >
      > > I must be doing step #3 above wrong, perhaps someone can correct
      > > me? Thank you again so much for the help, I certainly
      appreciate
      > > this.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic