5232Re: How do I clean up my Linkstation drive

  • musikgoat
    Jun 13 11:19 AM
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "cpiad2005" <cpiad@...> wrote:

      > Thanks much for the reply. Is there a way to make the recycle
      > folder appear so that I can empty it manually? The recycle function
      > is enabled and I made sure windows folder option will display hidden
      > files, but I can still not see the recycle folder for the
      > linkstation drive. thank you.
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "musikgoat"
      > <musikgoat@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "cpiad2005" <cpiad@>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Does anyone know of any software that I can use to cleanup my
      > > > linkstation 160GB drive? When I erase a large backup file the
      > drive
      > > > does not report an increase (recovery) of space. I would like
      > > > cleanup the drive so that it reports all of the free space.
      > thanks.
      > > >

      > > You have an option in the shared folder settings to enable/disable
      > > "Recycle Bin" feature that creates a .trash folder hidden commonly
      > by
      > > windows.
      > >
      > > An easy way to find out, if you know the IP adress or hostname of
      > the
      > > device, is to click on start-> run:
      > > \\iporhostname\sharefolder\.trash\
      > > where sharefolder is the name of your share folder.
      > >
      > > If there are files in there, delete them. You can delete the
      > folder
      > > if you would like. The LS doesn't have the ability to auto delete
      > > though.

      you might want to just refresh your listings, because I can see the
      .trash folder in the mapped network drive, and in My Network Places.
      I have windows XP pro.
      I also went ahead and stopped showing hidden files and the .trash
      folder disappeared, and after showing them again, the folder was in view.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic