5231Re: How do I clean up my Linkstation drive

  • cpiad2005
    Jun 13, 2006
      Thanks much for the reply. Is there a way to make the recycle
      folder appear so that I can empty it manually? The recycle function
      is enabled and I made sure windows folder option will display hidden
      files, but I can still not see the recycle folder for the
      linkstation drive. thank you.

      <musikgoat@...> wrote:

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "cpiad2005" <cpiad@>
      wrote:

      > > Does anyone know of any software that I can use to cleanup my
      > > linkstation 160GB drive? When I erase a large backup file the
      drive
      > > does not report an increase (recovery) of space. I would like
      > > cleanup the drive so that it reports all of the free space.
      thanks.

      > You have an option in the shared folder settings to enable/disable
      > "Recycle Bin" feature that creates a .trash folder hidden commonly
      by
      > windows.
      >
      > An easy way to find out, if you know the IP adress or hostname of
      the
      > device, is to click on start-> run:
      > \\iporhostname\sharefolder\.trash\
      > where sharefolder is the name of your share folder.
      >
      > If there are files in there, delete them. You can delete the
      folder
      > if you would like. The LS doesn't have the ability to auto delete
      > though.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic