      > <lalunas10@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "daviseh" <daviseh@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "lalunas10"

      > the

      > but

      > > > good as
      > > If /"etc/
      > > the

      > > > Andre - Thanks for your resposne.
      > > >
      > > > The script is slimstart.sh. I enter "/etc/init.d/slimstart.sh
      > start"
      > > > and slimserver starts. I check ps -A and it shows slimserver.pl.
      > > >
      > > > I created a soft link in "/etc/rc.d/rc2.d/slimstart.sh" but the
      > > > script does not run at bootup. I checked ps -A and no
      slimserver.

      > > > What am I doing wrong?
      > >
      > > The script may not run due to security restrictions if your perl
      is
      > in
      > > /usr/local/bin/.
      >
      > Also, and more probable, is the startup timing is wrong. Rename
      your
      > softlink to "/etc/rc.d/rc2.d/S90slimstart.sh"
      >
      > -Andre

      Sorry to bother you again but I think I have done something that is
      preventing me from creating a symbolic link. The link does not appear
      in the folder but when I try to create it again, it says that the
      file already exists.

      I went into the folder and deleted the link before I read you note to
      rename it.

      Have I corrupted my instalion?

      Ed
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic