5060Re: Help with Init Script

  • daviseh
    Apr 10, 2006
      > The script may not run due to security restrictions if your perl is
      in
      > /usr/local/bin/.
      >
      > -Andre

      Andre - I am really in over my head. I don't know what the perl files
      look like but I don't see anything like that in /usr/local/bin/. Just
      vlc, bison, xml, etc. However, I do see a symbolic link
      to "slimstart".

      Is there a way to get around this?

      I saw something about creating a USER named slimserver in one of the
      instructions but it was a more elaborate script. Does this give
      access and get around the security issue?

      Thanks,

      Ed
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic