5035Re: Need HowTo and Install Files for OpenVPN on LS1

  • cherrytreeproduction
    Apr 5, 2006
      i think you will find the files needed at
      http://hvkls.dyndns.org/downloads/... lalunas aka andre uses this
      webspace now...

      his linkstation isn`t always online as it sleeps some hours a day....

      so don`t give up...you will find what you are searching for i think.

      regards
      mindbender

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "infobupkis" <public@...>

      http://www.germanistik.uni-bonn.de/ab/downloads/openvpn-lzo-ls1-v3.tar.gz
      > as required in step 2. Is there a new or alternate location for the
      file?

      > I'm eager to try this setup on my LS I.
      >

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "lalunas10"
      > <lalunas10@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "schwab_one"
      > <schwab.thomas@m...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > Then as in your (2.) below I downloaded openvpn-lzo-ls1-v3.tar.gz to
      > > > my VPN directory
      > > > When trying to untar the file I received an error = gzip: stdin: not
      > > > in gzip format -- the
      > > > terminal text is below...
      > >
      > > Everything you did was right, and openvpn is installed on your
      > system, albeit not the latest
      > > version, which gave you this error.
      > >
      > > As for the error, I had accidentially compressed the file with bzip2
      > instead of gzip. So
      > > please delete your openvpn-lzo-ls1-v3.tar.gz, re-download the file,
      > and "tar -C / -xvzf
      > > openvpn-lzo-ls1-v3.tar.gz" once again. That should be it, the latest
      > version of openvpn
      > > should be installed on your system at this point.
      > >
      > > > Do I need to set up the module?
      > >
      > > Yo. Execute
      > >
      > > echo "tun" >> /etc/modules
      > >
      > > , add your own setup (see below), reboot, and you're on.
      > >
      > > > Where or how do I set up config files?
      > >
      > > Files in /etc/openvpn/ with the extension .conf, like
      > /etc/openvpn/example.conf and /
      > > etc/openvpn/example2.conf, will be sourced at boot time, and when
      > you execute "/etc/
      > > init.d/openvpn restart".
      > >
      > > <http://openvpn.net> provides setup examples and very good
      > explanations. I sent you a
      > > sample setup in reply to your personal mail as well.
      > >
      > > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > I hope this helps!
      > >
      > > -Andre

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic