4955Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: Stuck, trying to load Slimserver

  • Richard Jay
    Mar 7, 2006
      The LS came with the "Share" by default and I can see & access that in
      Windows.

      When I telnet in I don't see any mention of being logged in as root. How
      exactly am I supposed to logon as root using telnet ? At the moment I'm
      simply typing the IP address.

      I haven't really done much other than flash the firmware and then do:
      dropbearkey -t dss -f /etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key
      dropbearkey -t rsa -f /etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key
      changed the password successfully
      rm /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/S05utelnetd

      R.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic