4940Re: HD-HG250 with Freelink trying to spindown

  • stephenblender
    Mar 3, 2006
      Still no luck spinning down my drive. As an experiment i reinstalled
      debian/freelink using the freelink installer
      freelink_powerpc-hdhglan-1.11 downloaded from the linkstation wiki. I
      did an apt-get update and upgrade, installed shh and thats pretty much it.

      First i tried hdparm: installed and tried 'hdparm -S10' (5 secs) and
      the linkstation still fails to ever spindown. I tried 50secs as well.
      hdparm otherwise seems to work. I executed 'hdparm -tT /dev/hda' and
      it tested the speed of file transfers.

      Next i apt-get'd noflushd and configured '1' min and '/dev/hda' but it
      failed to start just as it has as described below.

      I am at a bit of a loss. Any ideas? If anyone has any ideas please
      let me know. My goal is to set up a VERY low traffic webserver so i
      would really like to be able to spindown the drive.

      Stephen