4103RE: [LinkStation_General] What do do now?

  • Art Wallace
    Sep 30, 2005
      You're Kuro might be running the bootup disk check (every 160 days or 50
      mounts kinda thing). The original Gentoo B1 didn't start the watchdog
      until the end of the boot process. Since the disk check takes longer
      than 5 minutes, the AVR shuts the machine down and it never finishes.
      There is an update to Gentoo B1 that fixes this behaviour.

      To temporarily get around the problem, you can power the Kuro up with
      the watchdog disabled. If I remember correctly, with the machine off,
      hold down the red switch in the rear while powering on the Kuro. Hold
      that button and the power button down for several seconds while the
      machine is booting. The lights will start flashing if this is successful
      and will remain flashing until it shuts down.

      If you can get it to boot with the watchdog disabled, the disk check
      should run and hopefully complete. Then you can shutdown and reboot to
      re-enable the watchdog. Then log in as normal and install the new Gentoo
      update.

      Art Wallace
      art@...