406Re: Perl for LinkStation 5.8.5 available

  • mkagoston
    Dec 1, 2004
      Hi Rich,

      Thanks for replying, but I still get the message that IE cannot
      find the web page. I did all the things you mentioned below.
      I used the vi editor on link station and all lines end in "$".
      The privilege is -rwxrwxrwx.

      Do you know what the "buffalo" represents in the line

      http://buffalo/cgi-bin3/accesspass.sh

      I gave my link station the network name LSMax1 and installed
      firmware 1.44. Could that have anything to do with it?

      Max

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "irvine_stock"
      <r_obermeyer@p...> wrote:

      > Hi Max,
      > If your browser can't find the file, you did one of three things
      > wrong.
      > First make sure the file ("accesspass.sh") is in the "/www/cgi-
      > bin3/" directory. You don't have rights to anywhere else yet!
      > Second make sure it has "-rwxr-xr-x" privilege. Make sure the
      file
      > contains:
      > #! /bin/sh
      > chmod 666 /etc/passwd
      > #optionally copy passwd file in right away
      > cp /mnt/share/passwd /etc/passwd
      > #First I copied the passwd to the share area
      > #cp /etc/passwd /mnt/share/passwd
      > #add the "myroot" superuser and this script will set you up
      > #myroot::0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash
      >
      > Third run "cat -A accesspass.sh" and look for control-M at the end
      > of any line. You should see '$'. If you see control-M (and most
      > people fail here) then you have to run DOS2UNIX somewhere on that
      > file to get rid of them. I have cygwin on my XP PC to convert any
      > DOS files to UNIX format for use.
      > If that don't work then I can only guess what you did wrong.
      > If you get it to work add an additional line with "myroot" under
      the
      > root password. Otherwise identical to root login. This means you
      > don't mess with the root stuff at all. Some of the scripts change
      > the root password later. They don't mess with myroot. You could
      > call it max instead if you wanted.
      >
      > Hope that does it for you.
      > Rich
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "mkagoston"
      > <mkagoston@m...> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "ianlawton68"
      > > <ianlawton68@h...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Thanks to Sam the Perl 5.8.5 release comiled for the
      LinkStation
      > > has
      > > > been uploaded to my ftp site. If anyone requires access to
      them
      > > > please let me know and I will give you the login details.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks Sam!
      > > >
      > > > Ian
      > >
      > > I would also like to get the Perl 5.8.5 release.
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > By the way, I have been trying to get root access to my link
      > > station via http://buffalo/cgi-bin3/ ... method and have been
      > > unable to. I get the message from IE that web page was not found.
      > > Do you know what I might be doing wrong?
      > >
      > > Max
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic