405Re: Perl for LinkStation 5.8.5 available

  • irvine_stock
    Nov 30 10:29 PM
      Hi Max,
      If your browser can't find the file, you did one of three things
      wrong.
      First make sure the file ("accesspass.sh") is in the "/www/cgi-
      bin3/" directory. You don't have rights to anywhere else yet!
      Second make sure it has "-rwxr-xr-x" privilege. Make sure the file
      contains:
      #! /bin/sh
      chmod 666 /etc/passwd
      #optionally copy passwd file in right away
      cp /mnt/share/passwd /etc/passwd
      #First I copied the passwd to the share area
      #cp /etc/passwd /mnt/share/passwd
      #add the "myroot" superuser and this script will set you up
      #myroot::0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash

      Third run "cat -A accesspass.sh" and look for control-M at the end
      of any line. You should see '$'. If you see control-M (and most
      people fail here) then you have to run DOS2UNIX somewhere on that
      file to get rid of them. I have cygwin on my XP PC to convert any
      DOS files to UNIX format for use.
      If that don't work then I can only guess what you did wrong.
      If you get it to work add an additional line with "myroot" under the
      root password. Otherwise identical to root login. This means you
      don't mess with the root stuff at all. Some of the scripts change
      the root password later. They don't mess with myroot. You could
      call it max instead if you wanted.

      Hope that does it for you.
      Rich
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "mkagoston"
      <mkagoston@m...> wrote:

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "ianlawton68"
      > <ianlawton68@h...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks to Sam the Perl 5.8.5 release comiled for the LinkStation
      > has
      > > been uploaded to my ftp site. If anyone requires access to them
      > > please let me know and I will give you the login details.
      > >
      > > Thanks Sam!
      > >
      > > Ian
      >
      > I would also like to get the Perl 5.8.5 release.
      > Thanks.
      >
      > By the way, I have been trying to get root access to my link
      > station via http://buffalo/cgi-bin3/ ... method and have been
      > unable to. I get the message from IE that web page was not found.
      > Do you know what I might be doing wrong?
      >
      > Max
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic