4032Re: Need help for usb automount with Murakasi

  • snatcher93
    Sep 11 2:32 PM
      Thanks ;)
      You can get the files i updated on my kurobox to make all that thing
      works (it's really amazing that people at Buffalo were not able to
      make this works correctly ! Ok it took me a long time, but, hey that's
      not my job ! I'm quite new to linux world). Get that file :
      http://sylver78.free.fr/kurobox/murasaki_kuro.tar.gz
      upload it in the root directory of your linkstation (general remark :
      do this only on PPC based hardware, not MIPS !) and "tar xzfv
      murasaki_kuro.tar.gz" in the root directory. Reboot and it should work ;)
      In the original mounting script, only 1 USB device was handled (line
      to handle second usb devices were in comment), as there is also 2 USB
      connectors in the KuroBox HG, i modified the script so it can handle 2
      USB drives devices ;)

      Tell us if it works (it should ;)

      Sylver

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "chano22000"
      <philippe.deysine@l...> wrote:
      > Hello again,
      >
      > Congratulations Silver for your job !
      >
      > I've just uploaded your v3 image which you mention is intended only
      > for the Kurobox HG.
      > I own a standard PPC LS (HD-HLAN) which is more or less a standard
      > Kurobox with two USB ports.
      > I am very interested using your image to only update the
      > USB/Murasaki related files of my stock firmware.
      >
      > 1) Do you have reason to think that the updates you have made would
      > not run on my Linkstation ? (are the two USB handled or does it
      > require some further adaptation ?)
      > 2) Which are the files/directories, I need to copy/update from your
      > image ?
      >
      > Thank you very much in advance for you help and "How to".
      >
      > Philippe Deysine (chano22000)
      >

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "snatcher93"
      > <snatcher93@r...> wrote:
      > > Well, I was able to make this works well ! For this i had to :
      > > - correct the startup script error (space missed) => it won't run
      > > murasaki if you don't correct that !
      > > - recompile murasaki telling him that the scripts were in
      > > /etc/murasaki/bin
      > > - replace the murasaki.usbmap file by the one with the source (very
      > > important !) and update the .call file to match the device type
      > given
      > > in the .usbmap
      > >
      > > Now it's perfect : when i switch on/off my usb drive, it mounts
      > > it/unmount it and update samba/appletalk sharing ! I just have to
      > make
      > > this works with usb flash storage now ;)
      > >
      > > I hope i'll help people that would like to do the same ;)
      > > If you want to pick up some files, you can get my system image
      > here :
      > > http://www.kurobox.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=708
      > >
      > > C U
      > >
      > > Sylver