4030Re: Need help for usb automount with Murakasi

  • chano22000
    Sep 11, 2005
      Hello again,

      Congratulations Silver for your job !

      I've just uploaded your v3 image which you mention is intended only
      for the Kurobox HG.
      I own a standard PPC LS (HD-HLAN) which is more or less a standard
      Kurobox with two USB ports.
      I am very interested using your image to only update the
      USB/Murasaki related files of my stock firmware.

      1) Do you have reason to think that the updates you have made would
      not run on my Linkstation ? (are the two USB handled or does it
      require some further adaptation ?)
      2) Which are the files/directories, I need to copy/update from your
      image ?

      Thank you very much in advance for you help and "How to".

      Philippe Deysine (chano22000)

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "snatcher93"
      <snatcher93@r...> wrote:
      > Well, I was able to make this works well ! For this i had to :
      > - correct the startup script error (space missed) => it won't run
      > murasaki if you don't correct that !
      > - recompile murasaki telling him that the scripts were in
      > /etc/murasaki/bin
      > - replace the murasaki.usbmap file by the one with the source (very
      > important !) and update the .call file to match the device type
      given
      > in the .usbmap
      >
      > Now it's perfect : when i switch on/off my usb drive, it mounts
      > it/unmount it and update samba/appletalk sharing ! I just have to
      make
      > this works with usb flash storage now ;)
      >
      > I hope i'll help people that would like to do the same ;)
      > If you want to pick up some files, you can get my system image
      here :
      > http://www.kurobox.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=708
      >
      > C U
      >
      > Sylver