3989Re: installing Debian on LS1 question

  • Sasha
    Sep 1, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "wedgemusic"
      <wedgemusic@y...> wrote:
      > I've compiled kernel modules for all 3 varieties of the LinkStation -
      > powerpc-hdhlan, powerpc-hdhglan, and mipsel-hdhlan. The modules
      > include netfilter (iptables), bluetooth, usb video, tun (openvpn), and
      > a new kernel loader. The download is about 2.7MB.
      >
      > I also released powerpc-hdhlan-freelink 1.0 (stable) and a test
      > version of FreeLink for the powerpc-hdhglan LinkStation. See
      > http://linkstationwiki.org/Projects/FreeLink and
      > http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/ for more information.

      It looks that the kernel that I installed
      (from debian_2005_08_21_dist.tgz) has problems with USB.
      I would probably be better off using freelink kernel.

      Is there a *safe* and easy method of upgrading kernel
      on linkstation? It might be hard to repair the system if
      something goes wrong and the new kernel would not boot. There
      is no slot for an emergency boot diskette in the linkstation.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic