3798Re: WIKI: Install Apache w/ PHP and MySQL

  • johnnypirish
    Aug 1, 2005
      I am running Tikiwiki with Lighttpd/PHP (using fastcgi) and MySQL and
      it runs pretty well. Have you thought about changing out Apache as
      the memory usage on Lighttpd is much less and it runs significantly
      faster when displaying static pages.

      JP

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Nick Pappas
      <nwpappas@g...> wrote:
      > I've made a few minor updates to the WIKI listing, but thought I
      > would share probably the most important one here.
      >
      > After getting everything up and running I checked the memory usage on
      > my LinkStation. MySQL takes *nearly 25%* of the available
      LinkStation
      > memory when running. This isn't particularly good.
      >
      > If you need the database, I guess you'll need to work around that.
      > Personally, I'm taking the web app I needed MySQL for (a simple photo
      > gallery script I wrote) and porting the database backend to a file
      > system backend.
      >
      > --
      > Whatever you do - don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate
      > yourself either.
      > Your choices are half chance, and so are everybody else's.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic