3797Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: WIKI: Install Apache w/ PHP and MySQL

  • Nick Pappas
    Aug 1, 2005
      I've made a few minor updates to the WIKI listing, but thought I
      would share probably the most important one here.

      After getting everything up and running I checked the memory usage on
      my LinkStation. MySQL takes *nearly 25%* of the available LinkStation
      memory when running. This isn't particularly good.

      If you need the database, I guess you'll need to work around that.
      Personally, I'm taking the web app I needed MySQL for (a simple photo
      gallery script I wrote) and porting the database backend to a file
      system backend.

      --
      Whatever you do - don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate
      yourself either.