3796Re: WIKI: Install Apache w/ PHP and MySQL

  • han320yah
    Aug 1, 2005
      I would be willing to give this a go but which of the FPEs would you
      use? They are listed on the website below with reference to
      operating system. Any suggestions which package would be most
      suitable?

      Thanks.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Nick Pappas
      <nwpappas@g...> wrote:
      > There is no reason why FPE shouldn't work, aside from perhaps a
      > missing library or an incompatability with an existing one. You
      > should be able to try it out -- just try and compile it like any of
      > the other packages explained in the WIKI (use the same prefix model
      > and read the INSTALL file for any special needs). As long as it
      will
      > compile, it should work.
      >
      > On 7/31/05, han320yah <b747@o...> wrote:
      > > I'm a newbie to Linux but am very interested in getting Apache
      running
      > > on my LS II. I currently host my website using Thttpd on the LS
      which
      > > works well but want to increase functionality. I would also be
      > > interested to install Frontpage Server Extensions along with
      Apache.
      > > Is this possible? The following website has the extensions
      package
      > > but none seem suitable for the LS:
      > >
      > > http://www.rtr.com/fpsupport/fp2002sr1_download.htm
      > >
      > > Does anyone think it's possible to add these extensions on the
      LS? I
      > > know many people would not use Frontpage at all and understand
      the
      > > reasons why. Just interested to know whether it's possible.
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Nick Pappas
      > > <nwpappas@g...> wrote:
      > > > I've added a new article about installing Apache w/ PHP and
      MySQL
      > > > available. For those familiar with the packages you should be
      able
      > > > fly right through it with what is supplied -- there are only a
      few
      > > > configure attribute that had to be found.
      > > >
      > > > If you are new to configuring these sorts of things, you may
      need to
      > > > wait a day or two. The version up is not as detailed as I
      would
      > > like,
      > > > but it is very late here... and I am tired.
      > > >
      > > > --
      > > > Whatever you do - don't congratulate yourself too much, or
      berate
      > > > yourself either.
      > > > Your choices are half chance, and so are everybody else's.
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      > Whatever you do - don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate
      > yourself either.
      > Your choices are half chance, and so are everybody else's.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic