3379Re: BitTorrent Daemon

  • prb0x
    Jul 3 10:13 AM
      Have you seen FluxTorrent?
      http://www.fluxtorrent.com

      It requires you run mysql/apache/php so it's not for a regular
      linkstation setup. You'd need to install a full distro to get this
      going. It's a web based BitTorrent Client. I'm running it at the
      moment but because it uses python it's a bit slow - though in the
      forum there is a mod to make it run using ctorrent (precompiled C client).

      Cheers,
      Al

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "superg00fy"
      <supergoofy@k...> wrote:
      > Thanks for reply! This "screen" seems to be good, but I don't think
      > could make it possible to monitor all the instances of bittorrent, and
      > you have to telnet everytime you want to add a download/monitor the
      > status.
      > The daemon I've seen instead allow you to always monitor with a simple
      > utility what you are downloading, and also allow an easy way to add
      > new downloads: just putting .torrent files in a folder! So, can't we
      > work on this to make it run on linkstation?

      > <wedgemusic@y...> wrote:
      > > Darn, you beat me to it! Screen is the easiest way to run programs in
      > > the background. Just add "screen" before the program you wish to run.
      > > To resume the program use the command "screen -r". I am working on
      > > putting together a screen package for the PPC LinkStation. I'll post
      > > it on the LinkStationWiki when I'm done.
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "James Stewart"
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic