2260Re: What is the best way without Power-On HD to know what CPU is inside? and mo

  • balimbabullabe
    May 1, 2005
      > At first it seem faster cause of the CPU and I browsed quickly the
      > doc from what I understand it have a unix patition with the OS and a
      > swap partition and therst is for "our own use" ;-)

      400MHz doesn't necessarily mean it's faster than a 200MHz CPU ...

      > So do you think with this version ( I assume I have 2.x) I will be
      > able to do all I want ?

      You should be, but it could be difficult to compile programs on your own

      > I have here DLD the 2.04 Firmware do you know if it is good ? or it
      > have some better firmware I can downlad ?

      I have 2.04 and it's working fine. But there's a 2.11 available too

      > Best Regards
      > Mike
      >

      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "mcadorette2000"
      > > <mcadorette2000@y...> wrote:
      > > > The model on the side is: "HD-H250LAN (F)"
      > > >
      > > > I intend to use it:
      > > >
      > > > As a Mainly Backup device for all savor of Windows 9x up to XP
      > and
      > > > even 2003 in near future. Also I'd like be able to use the print
      > > > server under Windows with printers that don't need a computer to
      > run
      > > > like old Epson inkjet colors printers and Canon BJ printers or
      > newer
      > > > Highend printer that don't rely on windows OS for running ( It
      > could
      > > > be also Laserjet in PCL not postcript or Okidata led page prt. ) .
      > > >
      > > > I'd like also to use the second USB port to add 250-300 Gig HD to
      > > > have more storage.
      > > >
      > > > BTW: Do you have some good back-up software to suggest to me that
      > > > work well. I have already Acronis, some have used it with
      > > > linkstation ?
      > > >
      > > > I have also see patch for time shifting on the clock, it is a
      > real
      > > > problem for all unit ?
      > > >
      > > > On the second HD (USB port) it is easy to setup an FTP server ?
      > and
      > > > could you tell me if I can set a password for the FTP server.
      > > >
      > > > Also since I'm new I've DLD all I can find in firmware, software
      > and
      > > > doc on the web about it, just in case a rage of linux hang me ;-).
      > > >
      > > > But for now it is more basic operation.
      > > >
      > > > PS: I will backup 4 computer on my network plus one laptop. I'D
      > like
      > > > to be able to do FULL backup even of the file used by the OS
      > > > (Windows) so the software you will suggest is vey important.
      > > >
      > > > BTW2: Like to know with which firmware I can loose for sure data.
      > > >
      > > > LAST ;-) I'd like to know the features good and bad of each
      > firmware
      > > > for the LinkStation (Like an history of the change).
      > > >
      > > > Thanks to all
      > > > Mike
      > > > Canada
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic